Find your ideal university and best course for your dream career

It can be confusing which country to choose for your studies abroad. You will need to learn a lot about each of the possible countries and the educational systems before making a decision.That’s why PingmeStudyAbroad, the leading Europe study visa consultants has set up a useful guide about the top study abroad destinations


Study In USA

A strong reason to choose the U.S. as the study destination is that more than 50% of the best universities are in the U.S. And their approach is that they give more importance to a flexible academic environment. After graduation, most of the students land a successful career through abroad job vacancy.


1. Top-ranked institutions

U.S. degrees have an excellent international reputation. It is because the U.S. is home to many top-ranked institutions in the world. Very high academic standards and rigorous requirements that they instill in their students are the major contributing factors for the recognition.

2. Cultural diversity

American universities are bastions of cultural diversity. Nearly every university in the U.S. takes diversity to be one of their defining pillars. Historically, there has been a strong effort within the structure of these institutions to make cultural diversity central to the enrollment and admission efforts.

3. Great career opportunities

Guaranteed successful career after graduation Studying abroad in the USA will offer a competitive edge once you enter the job market. Interacting with a diverse range of people while studying in the USA will enhance your ability to interact with people from other cultures and analyze issues with a global perspective.

4. The leading nation in technology and research

The United States is the leader in many areas of technology and research. While studying in U.S. you will be exposed to advanced technology and research. You may be fortunate enough to meet and even study with the leading scholars in your chosen field.

  • The tuition fees and the cost of living in the USA are not very affordable for everyone, and it is a bit expensive.
  • The United States of America is a country consisting of 50 different states, and the total population in the country is 32.72 crores.
  • Many of the world-changing inventions were from the USA, and there were hundreds of popular scientists from the country.
  • Global Positioning System (GPS) is owned and managed by the government of the USA, and they have the full authority to make changes to it.
  • America is a land that preserves freedom of speech. They give great importance for freedom of speech and freedom of the press.
  • The United States of America has won the greatest number of Olympic medals of all time.

Associate Degree: It is an academic degree awarded by the community colleges, junior colleges, and business colleges. Usually for two years (60 credits).

Bachelor’s Degree: It is an undergraduate course. The duration of the bachelor’s course is 4 years (120-150 credits).

Master’s Degree: The duration of this course may range from a year or two (30-48 credits). The duration may vary with the type of course and institution.

Doctorate: Commonly known as Ph.D. Duration of the same may range from 3 years to 5 years. You can get the Ph.D. only after completion of your master’s degree.

Summer Program: It is for summer vacation. The duration is from 6 to 10 weeks depending on the institution and the course.

The most popular educational program in the country is Engineering. Business studies, Physical Science and Earth Science are also very popular in the USA. The following are the other important programs in the country:

  • Biological & Life Sciences
  • Business Studies
  • Economics and Administration
  • Energy
  • Engineering & Technology
  • Fashion
  • Humanities and Social Sciences
  • Law and Regulations Management
  • Marketing and Communication
  • Natural Sciences
  • Professional Studies
  • Sport
  • Tourism and Hospitality

Tuition fees & costs

Utilities may or may not be included in the price, so you should check the contact before making a decision. Here are some of the most common values you will see for different utilities:

  • Electric: 50 – 100 USD/month, depending on the size of your apartment, and if your heating is electric, the overall price may go up to 150 USD/month.
  • Heating: 50 – 100 USD/month.
  • Internet averages 45-50 USD/month.
  • Most phone services average 50 USD/month.
  • Water, sewer, and trash are usually covered by the landlord, but if you have to pay it will cost 50-75 USD/three months.

Groceries for one person amount to 400 – 600 USD/month depending on your dietary habits and if some meals are included with your accommodation at the university.Shop from cheapest supermarkets like Wal-Mart, Target, Costco, Trader Joe’s etc.

If you live in residence halls, you could select the on-campus meal plans, for which you would have to pay around 250 USD/month.

A public transportation monthly pass is between 45 and 100 USD (some universities have discounts for students, but not all). For instance, in Cincinnati, a metro fare card for students is 53 USD/semester and in Nashville, a monthly public transportation pass is 44 USD.

  • Public four-year university for out-of-state/foreign students: $39,890 per year
  • Private four-year university: $49,320

Admission requirements

Each university in the U.S. has its own system on their website that allows future students to apply for and enroll in their degree programs. So, once you select the University of your choice, you can go through their application and submit your materials there.

Documents required for admission

Here are some of the basic requirements needed for the application procedure to study in USA for Indian students:

  • A scanned copy of your diploma certificate (high school or Bachelor’s degree)
  • A transcript/record of your previous courses
  • A scan of your passport
  • Your CV
  • Testing scores
  • Evidence of scholarship or funding
  • Letters of recommendation (between 2-3)
  • Portfolio and/or writing samples

To apply to study in the U.S., you’ll need to provide language certificate as a proof of your English proficiency.

The certificates generally accepted by the universities in U.S. are:

  • CAE or CPE

Still, you should always check on your university’s website, just to be sure what the exact requirements are.

Intakes & Deadlines

U.S Universities have two intakes for admission purposes, namely Fall and Spring semesters. Fall semester starts in late August and ends in late December or early January whereas the Spring semester begins in January and ends in early May.

Obtaining a student visa in the United States of America is not an easy task. You will have to undergo a lot of documentation work and applications for visa services for the USA. Unlike other countries, your visa is not guaranteed even if you get an admission confirmation from a USA university. You will have to pass the visa guidelines and requirements. The following are the procedures to initialize visa services to the USA.

  1. Obtain I-20 from University / College
  2. Obtain SEVIS FEE Receipt
  3. Complete DS-160 Form
  4. Pay Visa Application Fees
  5. Schedule Appointment
  6. Attend Appointment Scheduled

Documents for visa

  1. A valid passport
  2. The Non-immigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160
  3. The application fee payment receipt
  4. A passport photo
  5. A Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status (Form 1-20)

Visa fee

The typical U.S. visa fee will be $160.

Processing time

Normally it takes 5-6 weeks to get the approval.

Financial requirements

$25000 for the first year, you need to have money of $50000 for the entire duration of the study.

As we mentioned before, the USA is one of the strongest economies in the world. They are powerful enough to hire the maximum number of peoples in every sector. As a result of that, many big giants in various industries are always looking for talented professionals to join them. So, you can easily get a job in a reputed company with your skills.

After completing the course, students can opt for working 1 year in the country as part of the Optional Practical Training. Also, students with certificates in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics are allowed to work 36 months in the country after completing their course. After completing the Optional Practical Training, students can apply for an H1 work permit visa for working in the country.

Want to get free counseling? Don’t hesitate to contact us with your doubts.

Copyright © - Pingme Tours & Travels Private Limited